How to make sure your cat doesn’t get the holiday blues
We all love going away at some time during the year however it is important we make sure our cats are okay before leaving home.
Here are some tips for helping your cat, so you can go on holiday happy in the knowledge they will be fine:
- Hire a cat sitter – your cat needs feeding and making sure they have enough water however they also need some attention as cats can get lonely.
- Setup at least 2 water dispensers – regular water bowls evaporate too fast and you want a backup in case one gets knocked over.
- Remove plants if possible – most house plants are toxic for cats if chewed or ingested.
- Unplug – all electrical cords your cat is likely to be able to reach.
- Remove – light bulbs from any lamp that they might knock over.
- Leave some lights on in your home – set up a couple of timers so they are not on all the time
- Leave most blinds up – they will need entertainment and there is always something interesting outside.
- Make sure the temperature in your home is at a safe level – you don’t want it to turn into a greenhouse.