We know that your choice of pet insurer can seem bewildering. If you’d like to shop around for alternatives, be sure you get the cover you want. You may like to ask the following questions:
- Do vet fee benefits ‘re-charge’ every year that the policy is in place so that ongoing conditions will remain covered?
- Are vet fee benefits ‘per condition’ or is there a maximum amount for all conditions?
- What is the excess? What is the co-payment and when does it apply?
- Does the excess need to be paid only once or every year if repeat claims need to be made for treatment of an ongoing illness?
- Will your vet allow ‘direct claims’ from the insurer?
- Can you tailor your cover to help match your needs with your budget?
Download our reminder checklist